International School of Gdansk
In order to finish school, you do not have to attend it. For some, this may sound strange, but it is how it works in some cases. Children might be taught in their own home by their parents, relatives, or older brothers and sisters, and come to school only to pass exams from each subject.
It is allowed by the law concerning the educational system of December 14th 2016 (J.L. 2017., pos. 59, art. 37). In the administrative language homeschooling is called "fulfilling compulsory education outside of school”.
How to allow your child to be homeschooled?
In order to enroll a child into a homeschooling you need to:
1. Acquire an opinion from a psychological/pedagogical counselling centre about the child's ability to be homeschooled. As of 2017, the new educational law states that opinion about the child’s ability to be homeschooled can be issued only by public psychological/pedagogical counselling centres.
2. Live in the pomeranian voivodeship.
3. Apply to the school's director.
4. Bring the above-mentioned application with an opinion from a psychological/pedagogical counselling centre.
On the basis of the above-mentioned documents, the school's director makes a decision concerning „allowing a child to fulfil the compulsory education outside of school” and to inform parents about it. The child is given a student's ID, and since that moment the school is responsible for the child's homeschooling.
Parents are given a list of exam subjects. Teachers inform parents about textbooks and exam requirements. After passing all exams, the child is given promotion to the next class and a report card.
Parents and children are informed about the school's schedule and can attend all events organised by the school (students' induction, nativity play, charity events), or by the class (trips to the theatre, concerts, outings). There is a possibility to use materials shared by the teachers once a month on the Google Classroom platform. The homeschool students can also attend additional classes and chosen lessons after the consultation with the school's director.
Parents can be advised by the subject teachers and the homeroom teacher in accordance with rules established and accepted by both parties.
• Monthly tuition in the school year 2018/2019 is 150 PLN (paid throughout 10 months),
• For child’s participation in school and afterschool events, the payment the same as for other students.
|Files to download|
|Elementary International School of Gdańsk|
Middle International School of Gdańsk
High International School of Gdańsk
Homeschooling coordinator - Mrs. Edyta Żywicka: email@example.com
Duty hours: Wednesdays 9:15-10:00
We kindly ask parents and all concerned to schedule the meeting.